A permit is not required by the CAA for an overfly but they do need to receive notification and will acknowledge the flight. You should do this one day before your flight. Private landings you need to give notice via your handler one day in advance.

Commercial landings require a bit more work. Firstly, you need to get a Transport Security Program which takes 60 days to set up. Then, you need to get a permit from the CAA for the flights, and the cost is AUD 570. More details: Contact our operation Team or Call us 1-888-245-4017


Let AMERICAN FLIGHT SUPPORT Ops Team take care of you.  Am them to make sure you have your handling confirmed for a landing permit.


Commercial landings should be given 14 days notice.


Fill out the form, and apply directly to the authorities. Just like any country in this area, you’ll have to be proactive in making sure the application was received, but once you start communication, you’ll find the permit process easy.

American Flight Support is partnered with the local agent.


Fiji wants 14 days notice on any permit,Contact AMERICAN FLIGHT SUPPORT Ops Team.



The French Polynesian islands are controlled by the French Authorities, keep that in mind for business hours. If your aircraft is over 20 tons, you’ll need a permit for a tech stop.

All traffic stops require a permit. Private flights need three days notice for permits, and the books state a month notice is required for commercial landings. Contact American Flight Support Ops team or 888-245-4017


While no permits are required for technical landings, you need to make advance notification (48 hours) to be sure all navigation aids are OK. Contact us to arrange all for you.

For landing permits, give 3-7 days, and follow up right away to be sure your request has been received.


Marshall Islands (PKMJ) is a US Landing Right airport. To land there, head to this website: (for tech stops) Commercial flights contact

Fill out, make payment, then email airportops@rmipa. com, letting them know you made payment, and you’d like your PPR number. If they don’t have issues, you’ll get a number. Otherwise, they’ll ask you to land earlier/ later, and on agreement, they’ll give you the PPR number.

They are a bit slow, so you may need to call for information.


All permits are required here, and all require a form to be submitted. Overfly and technical landings require two days notice, and landings require seven days. They won’t consider your request until all documents are submitted.

Send the forms and the documents (in color preferred) to the emails below. Give them the time, and the permit process should be smooth.

Forms can be filled electronically at:


Not often that anyone heads to Nauru, but you’ll need a permit if you do. We’d recommend you work well in advance, and give phone calls to be sure they’ve got the emails. The country is more or less bankrupt.

Also, there are no solid reliable agents here to help you with the permit, so we’d suggest to just be persistent with the local authorities.


Fill out the form for New Caledonia, and send off to the email. New Caledonia permits are issued by the French Authorities, so keep that in mind for business hours. The French Authorities are good at communicating when to expect permits, they typically want seven days notice, but can issue in less time occasionally.


If you’re planning more than two stops in New Zealand in any 28 day period, or more than eight takeoffs/landings in a 365 day period, you’ll need to apply for a Foreign Air Operators Permit.

Otherwise, you can apply five days in advance for your single flight, or 30 days in advance for your series of flights. Apply directly to the authorities.

Auckland Oceanic FIR also requires no overfly permit, unless you’re overflying an island nation–check for their permit requirements


For all Niue permits, apply to both the CAA of New Zealand, and the CAA of Niue. You can follow up with both, first with New Zealand, then with Niue.

The number for New Zealand below is different than the number listed on the New Zealand page. There is a different department that deals with Niue, so don’t be alarmed.

Give 14 days’ notice with Niue.


Fun fact about Palau, about 1/3 of the population works for the government.

Any commercial landing in Palau requires someone involved with the flight to actually arrange the permit (like a tour coordinator in Palau). Local representation (United helping with the permit) is not allowed. We’ve had the most success from the knakamura@palaunet email below.


Be careful with these guys–they say no permit is required for a private (tech stop), or overfly permits but recent dealings tell us they are re-working their AIP.

Because of this, we’d apply for any sort of operation in Papua New Guinea.

Work with Kenny (email below), and give them ample notice. Be sure to fill out the form.


You’ll need to give seven days’ notice on a Samoa permit. They can be tricky to get a hold of, but as soon as you make contact, they’ll be helpful.

No reason to use an agent here, communication can be worse with the local handlers.


The AIP states only landing permits for commercial flights are required, but recent experience tells us otherwise–apply for all permits here.

Send an email to Alice as below with full details, she is quite responsive, should be smooth sailing getting your permit.


Same with many Pacific nations, make contact early and often. Landing only required, submit by email at least one day prior to operation (one day is the published time, but we wouldn’t rely on this).

Also, you may use Vava’u and Niuatoputapu airports for entry as long as you get advanced approval from the CAA, but you want to give extra notice on this as well.


Once you make contact in Tuvalu, your landing permits will generally be approved quickly. The issue is actually making contact. We’ve got the published phone numbers below, but they actually ring at random times.

If you’re heading here with a commercial flight, be sure you get to work on the permit…yesterday.


With Vanuatu, you’ll want to apply to all three email addresses as below, and be sure to fill out the form. Approval will be based on availability on the apron, so including all addresses in the request can help speed up the process.

As of January 2017, Vanuatu started charging for a permit approval, so keep that in mind as well when applying (they never published the exact cost).


It’s important to remember that France issues all Wallis and Futuna permits, so keep that in mind for timezone reasons, don’t rely on the business hours in the Pacific.

Give them seven days notice on permits, same as the rest of the French-controlled territories.


14650 N Airport Dr. Suite 104, Scottsdale, AZ 85260, USA

Connect with us

Go TopGo Top